I came to Gold & Silver this morning, my favorite downtown eatery. Coffee’s good here. Little Mexican guy filling my mug has been here forever. He’s efficient. He’s good. I don’t know his name and he doesn’t give a rat’s ass. He must have filled me up 12 times today while I eat and read this article in the Reno News & Review about us. The waitress said I looked very familiar.
Everybody’s talking about absurdity. The pace of a thing’s evolution and the course of trajectory follow different paths just like that of a pin ball. Is this absurdity? We’ve been showing at the Townhouse yearly since 2008.
Instead of calling Reno absurd, I’d say Reno’s a gamble. That’s not absurd, that’s just playing the odds.
Anarchy is being publicly addressed regarding NadaDada and it’s become a conversation. Maybe we’re just conservationists preserving this little bastion of non coercive organization however we can bite it off for ourselves. Escapists maybe, but we’re looking for self rule. I don’t see absurdity as a theme. Never Ending Absurdity. It’s played out. It makes perfect sense what we’re doing.
Yeah Gold & Silver is a diner. Old ass school. Today’s bacon had seen better days but usually the food’s all great here so I don’t care. I love the stainless steel walls. I love the atmosphere here and a 15 minute stroll from my motel room.
The Never Ending Fishbowler Excursion. Wait, played out. Or is it “unending”, “endless”? In plunking a mess down in my room I’ll be sharing how non-senseless it is to be an art maker. Step right up. The mess feeds me.
Room 122 Townhouse Motorlodge all weekend long.
- Otherwise, the one place to go for all information regarding locations and times for this year’s art show:
http://www.nadadadamotel.weebly.com or click the following spaceman for hyperspace online di-rect connection to the map and schedule page.
- Townhouse Arrival -NadaDada2013 Post #1 (fishbowler.wordpress.com)
- “NadaDada, how the HELL did you guys get New York Times coverage!??!” (fishbowler.wordpress.com)
- And So We Embarked Upon This Project.. (fishbowler.wordpress.com)
- An Artist’s Bodhisattva (fishbowler.wordpress.com)
- NadaDada – We’re So Un-Punk! (fishbowler.wordpress.com)
- Porn Mattresses & Peter Paul Rubens (fishbowler.wordpress.com)
- Instance of Ecstasy, St. Mary’s Art Center (fishbowler.wordpress.com)